Forum Terms of service
The moderators and administrators of this forum will do their best to delete or edit any reprehensible messages that may be posted on the forum. You acknowledge that all messages posted on this forum express the opinion of their respective authors, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the moderators and administrators.
In order to ensure the moderation of this forum, any message violating the preceding provisions may be edited or deleted without notice by the moderators and administrators of the forum. Any abuse may also be sanctioned by banning or deleting the user account. We reserve the right to inform your access provider and/or the judicial authorities of any malicious behaviour.
This forum may send you electronic messages (e-mail), such as activity notifications, or newsletters, sent by Forumotion or by an administrator of this forum. You can choose in your profile preferences to receive or not each of these messages.
Click on the button 'I Agree to these terms' below :
- You acknowledge that you have read these rules in their entirety ;
- You agree to comply fully with this rules ;
- You grant moderators of this forum the right to delete, move or edit any topic at any time.
The Balance Beam is a community of friends with a common goal of discussing old gymnastics! To that end, we want to make sure discourse remains civil and family friendly.
- Do not use bad language. We may have kids on here at some point, if we don't already. I've set the censor to catch the most obscene words, but I will edit out any cursing/profanity.
- Do not flame or otherwise attack other members or anyone else for any reason. Generally, do not act like a boor.
- Political discussions are not allowed.
- Be sure to link to outside articles you quote from. Context is very important.
- Limit yourself to 8 emoticons per post; there's no software limit but I will edit any overage down to 8. Posts are too busy if there are too many emotes.
- Spamming/advertising is not allowed. I have no patience with spammers, so you will be banned immediately and permanently. However, you are allowed to promote your own forum or website related to gymnastics.
- Respect the moderators and any decisions they may make in that capacity. If you feel that a moderator is behaving inappropriately, DO NOT post in public about it. Contact me or another moderator privately.
- Above all, try to remain civilized!
And for all multimedia, know the copyrights. If you don't own something, don't post it unless you have permission from the owner. I can't be checking up on every video or photo, but I will look into any complaints received. YouTube videos are exempt since copyright issues are dealt with within YouTube. But be careful of copyrighted footage in your own montages, for instance.
Also (and this should be obvious), do not post any porn or NSFW pics or links to them.
Users who break any rule(s) will be warned via private message. Repeat offenders will be banned at my or a moderator's discretion.
These rules are subject to change at the administrator's discretion.